Cleaner Shrimp Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReNNie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I have some questions about shrimp. Any post would be a great help.
1.) Is there any limit to how many you can have?
2.)I was think of getting 2 peppermint, 2 blood, and 2 skunk cleaners?(55 Gallon Tank) can you mix them up?
3.) Is it best to do the drip method for 2+ hours and then net them out or will the air effect them??
Any other tips or info would be awesome Thanks alot in advance. Matt

I have a 4 peppermints, one skunk cleaner, one fire shrimp, and one coral banded shrimp in my 75. They have no issues but I have heard on this forum that the CBS can be iffy. You might get a docile one like mine (he was my first) or a really territorial one who goes after small fish and inverts.

That said, I really enjoy watching the shrimps as much as I do the fish. I think, with caution, the more the merrier!

I don't know if anyone else has the same experience but I had 3 cleaner shrimps in my tank. Two were always near each other and the other was ignored and chased away. It was like this for 3 weeks until one day one went missing. I'm thinking the pair killed the other one.

I learn from this experience and like to add fish and inverts in pair. No one wants to be the fifth wheel.

Back
Top Bottom