Cleaner shrimp went hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this normal? I'm worried about him cause i don't think he's supposed to be hiding. He's always been out in front and visible, but today, he's back behind a rock chilling....i don't know what's up with him.

Fluff said:
Could be he's molted or getting ready to.

ahhhhhh, that could very well be it. I haven't had him very long so this would be the first time that's happened. I think he must have crawlin' into a rock to shed his skin. I suppose he'll show up in a day or two?

My crab and shrimp always disapear when its molting time. The lobster always hides

he's still MIA....i think he's probably dead:( I'm really pissed if he is cause i have no idea what would have killed him.

Yeah, if he's still MIA, that would be my thoughts as well. I'm sorry for your loss.

i was talking to the petco guy today...and asked him what he thought about it. He said that sometimes they'll hide for up to a week while their new exoskeleton hardens. :shrug: He's probably wrong but if a week goes by and still no shrimpy...i guess he's dead. :(

Back
Top Bottom