Cleaner Shrimps Active?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mine are very active...also, it is normal for shrimp to molt right after they have transported......if you notice, there is usually a shell in the tank at the LFS, if the shrimp has been there for a couple of days....ot they will molt right away in their new home

cleaners here are $35

i get mine for 15 bucks. they are out all the time, they hang out around my hammer coral that my maroon clowns hangout it. the clowns try to feed it too its sorta funny to watch.

Attachments

• shrimp_on_hammer_coral_248.jpg
    shrimp_on_hammer_coral_248.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 28
The cleaners I have are pretty active, the peppermints not so much, and the fire shrimp only come out at night. All of them come out when I'm feeding though, as I'm told they do have a ridiculous sense of smell. And my hand gets attacked when I reach in. At one point I had both cleaners and both fire shrimp on my arm when I was introducing my first coral. It's pretty crazy, you find you had no idea that hangnails could be so tasty.

My cleaner (skunk stripe) was cleaning a fish the first day - its mouth, stomach, sides, everything. He does seem a little shy, but my two anthias love him, and just stare at him constantly, like they're in love. The shrimp gets excited when they come close and start reaching for the fish.

Wow, it was a site! Finally got the S.O. interested in the whole SW thing when she saw it.

Here's a photo. Bad focus - had to move fast.

DSC00237-copy.jpg

My cleaner is a clean freak! He cleans everything and is very active. When I add flake food he jumps around and gets very excited - he's very fun to watch and one of my favorite inhabitants.

I'll tell you what's funny to me.....I have all this money invested in my reef, tons of corals, colorful fish, great live rock, inverts, etc. and it never fails. Whenever someone new comes over to look at the tank, they always (almost without fail) comment on the stinkin' shrimp! It's funny--people just gravitate toward them and love them. Mine are pretty active as well, always cleaning something. They're are real crowd pleasers for sure.

mine is really active after the halides go off and just the blues are on.
And of course when its dark.

i tried it w/food but couldn't get him to come out...maybe i'll try w/no food...

Thanks!

I hear what you're saying, Dr. Nate...Every time I have a grill-out and have the actinics on, people are always hanging around the tank and commenting on the shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom