cleaner wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nanson56

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey everybody....quick question? i have got a cleaner wrasse taking care of some ich in my tank...once he dies should i remove him immediately or let the crabs have at him?

OK I appologize for my behavior. I didn't take into account that you may not know what you did.

From your perspective I think you believe you did your other fish a favor by getting a parasite predator to clean off the Ick.

From my perspective you purchased a fish that you knew would soon perish in your aquarium. A Cleaner Wrasse will not cure Ick, just pick at a few of the visible parasites before it slowly starves to death. Cleaner Wrasse have an extremely important function in the wild and removing them from the reef has been proven detrimental to the fish populations there. Buying a Cleaner supports this capture & removal.

Sorry I went off like that, it's just a sore subject with me.

Guy

allright..allright...thanks for the info...i appreciate the updated info and will no longer use these guys as a method of helping ich...let the wrasse live wild!!!

Thank you for accepting my appology.

Hyposalinity in a seperate hospital tank has been shown to be very effective in curing Ick.

Not everyone agrees but I believe that fish can easily fight off Ick if they are not stressed. Stress doesn't cause Ick, but it does supress the fishes immune system, especially in Tangs.

Oh, one more thing... "find a hard rock"???? That's the best you could come up with??? LOL :p

Im sorry but that had to be the best possible answer you could have come up with Bang Guy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom