Cleaning a Remora Pro.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randalp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is probably a dumb question. But those of you that have a remora, or remora pro, how do you go about cleaning the collection cup? What I mean is do you unplug the skimmer before you remove the cup, or just leave it running. I have been turning it off and restarting it, but it seems like when i restart it, it gets very noisy for a while and a million microbubbles go into the tank. I read the instructions that came with the remora but it doesn't mention turning it off or not.

Thanks for any help.

What I mean is do you unplug the skimmer before you remove the cup, or just leave it running.

I leave it running, unless I am doing something else in the water that's gonna make the skimmer go ballistic, then I leave it turned off for a few hours.

Leave it running. A child size toothbrush is the best thing I've found to clean the cup with. You'll also want to remove the injector plug about once a month and clean the injector. You should have received a brush for this purpose with the skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom