Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

If I can get all the tec stuff with the camera figured out Yes I'll send a picture. I should take one now for a before and after.

Thanks again
Betsy

Old 06-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I know you have posted in the past about this issue and I'm glad to hear you are using RO/DI water only. Keep in mind that you need to be using it for your top off as well as mixing your new SW up for PWCs.

Have you been testing your water for NitrAtes and Phosphates? Like Lando said getting to the root of the issue is the only real way to keep the algae from coming right back after all that scrubbing.

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #13

Thanks Ziggy,

I use RO/DI for everything now -- I even rinse my filtersand skimmer in it after I have cleaned them. I have been testing my water and my levels are normal ?? I may have to make my next purchases more exact kits. Having the Phosban filter with Rowa seems to be helping a lot as my rocks are staying clean as I scrub them. Live rock is so pretty I had forgotten!
Betsy
Old 06-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

betsy i am very happy with the phosphate remover filter pads from bigalsonline. hold on ill link.

H.B.H. Phosphate Pad- 10" X 18" at Big Al's Online

it literally turned my hair algae into brittle dead hair algae in like a week or 2 (along with RO/DI)
Old 06-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #15

Thank you,

I live on Vancouver Island in B.C. Canada and so I will have a look to see where I can get them here. I am so excited to be getting my tank back to looking good!

Tahnks again
Betsy
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Try BigAlsonlin and other Internet retailers. They have to have better pricing than the lfs in B.C.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
algae, clean, cleaning

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com