Cleaning front of glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronalam

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if it's OK to clean the inside of my tank?

My tank isn't old and I'm just going through having some algae patches on the glass, it's dimming the view (I think) through the tank and I was just going to get a clean sponge and rub it down inside.

Just thought I would quickly check if this is safe to do? No consequences etc..

Might seem a no brainer but worth a check!

Depending on the algae I sometimes have to use a razor blade to get it off. One of my tanks get green coralline algae and the only thing that will take it off is a razor blade.

Clean the glass with one of the magnet scrapers and look at your lighting. If you can make sure that it is slightly angled so it doesn't hit the front glass. After all, no reason to light the front glass. You aren't growing anything there...except algae.....hahahahaha

I am using LED and have my lights adjusted so I only have to clean my glass about every other week.

U dont have to do a PWC every time you clean the glass. I and most others have to clean the glass almost daily. Were talking about quickly hitting it with a magfloat so that it doesn’t get built up and out of control.

Back
Top Bottom