Cleaning GHA off of corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a struggling coral that ended up with some GHA on it (long story involving a new prop tank; no detectable nutrients, RO/DI being used, no feeding). I'm assuming that the GHA will burn itself out in time, but until it does is there something I can use to get the GHA off of this struggling coral? I'd like to give it a better than even chance of surviving and I'm thinking that with the GHA on there that will be tough.

TIA.

What species of coral/why the "struggle"? Some will take a little more handling than others.

Cheers
Steve

It was rescued out of a crashing tank. Most of the tank mates have RTNd (only a couple of the ones I had, but many of the others that were spread across the state). That particular one is a blue ... something (SPS) very thin/branchy in nature that hasn't shown polyps but hasn't RTNd either. It is a light gray in color so hard to tell if it is surviving or just dying a pretty death. It hasn't RTNd yet and is changing colors still.

The corals were through so much not so long ago (3rd week in July) and now this GHA harassing it! I've thrown some snails at it (hoping).

Back
Top Bottom