Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would have done the same thing but I would have told her in Spanish since I speaky espanol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I wipe mine down with a damp rag. I try to be careful not to let big chunks of dried salt back fall in the water.

....On a a somewhat related note.....

We have a maid that comes on Fridays. She very good and thorough and honest but she only speaks about 10 words of English. Generally if I need to communicate with her I type sentences in English and use BabelFish.com to translate to Spanish. Okay, I had some 5 gallon buckets in the garage with permanent magic marker writing in really BIG letters "FISH ONLY". I came home for lunch one day and she had mops and rags a bottle of some kind of cleaning solution in my buckets! I walk inside and she's wiping down the tank glass with a rag. After I freaked out, I made a new rule. You may stoop over and look at the tank but you are forbidden to even touch the glass - ever. If you touch any part of of the tank I will fire you and hire a new maid.

My wife thought I overreacted a little bit but eventually she understood why I freaked out.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:15 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I made a new rule. You may stoop over and look at the tank but you are forbidden to even touch the glass - ever. If you touch any part of of the tank I will fire you and hire a new maid.
Excellent work. I'm glad you didnt waste time trying to explain in a way she could understand. Afterall , her job and what it means to her family are nothing compared to your fish tank are they?
We all love fish mate, but lets get a little perspective here. " you may stoop over " LOL are you for real?

Tags
clean, cleaning, light, lights

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com