cleaning lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swjunkie

Aquarium Advice Freak
How do you clean your lights? I have some salt build up do I wait until they are cooled down and wipe them with vinegar?

I use a little vinager and a razor blade if the salt creep really bad. You will be surprised at what a difference it makes to clean your light covers.

the salt wasnt too bad so I just wiped them down with a wet cloth. It came off pretty easy. It looked like it was on there to stay but came off easily.
Thank You All

I wipe mine down with a damp rag. I try to be careful not to let big chunks of dried salt back fall in the water.

....On a a somewhat related note.....

We have a maid that comes on Fridays. She very good and thorough and honest but she only speaks about 10 words of English. Generally if I need to communicate with her I type sentences in English and use BabelFish.com to translate to Spanish. Okay, I had some 5 gallon buckets in the garage with permanent magic marker writing in really BIG letters "FISH ONLY". I came home for lunch one day and she had mops and rags a bottle of some kind of cleaning solution in my buckets! I walk inside and she's wiping down the tank glass with a rag. After I freaked out, I made a new rule. You may stoop over and look at the tank but you are forbidden to even touch the glass - ever. If you touch any part of of the tank I will fire you and hire a new maid.

My wife thought I overreacted a little bit but eventually she understood why I freaked out.

I would have done the same thing but I would have told her in Spanish since I speaky espanol!

Tex said:
I wipe mine down with a damp rag. I try to be careful not to let big chunks of dried salt back fall in the water.

....On a a somewhat related note.....

We have a maid that comes on Fridays. She very good and thorough and honest but she only speaks about 10 words of English. Generally if I need to communicate with her I type sentences in English and use BabelFish.com to translate to Spanish. Okay, I had some 5 gallon buckets in the garage with permanent magic marker writing in really BIG letters "FISH ONLY". I came home for lunch one day and she had mops and rags a bottle of some kind of cleaning solution in my buckets! I walk inside and she's wiping down the tank glass with a rag. After I freaked out, I made a new rule. You may stoop over and look at the tank but you are forbidden to even touch the glass - ever. If you touch any part of of the tank I will fire you and hire a new maid.

My wife thought I overreacted a little bit but eventually she understood why I freaked out.

Tex said:
I made a new rule. You may stoop over and look at the tank but you are forbidden to even touch the glass - ever. If you touch any part of of the tank I will fire you and hire a new maid.

Excellent work. I'm glad you didnt waste time trying to explain in a way she could understand. Afterall , her job and what it means to her family are nothing compared to your fish tank are they?
We all love fish mate, but lets get a little perspective here. " you may stoop over " LOL are you for real?

Back
Top Bottom