Cleaning Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FriscoTX

Aquarium Advice Regular
My lfs recommended that I use a scrubbing brush (similar to a kitchen or bathroom brush) and scrub my lr of any undesirable algae. I am hesitant to do this, but thought it could be helpful. Does anyone on the forum practice scrubbing their lr? What algae colors would be considered undesirable? Currently I my color spectrum ranges from green, purple, red, deep red, brown, and white. I also have what appears to be a "turf" looking fuzzy growth. In another area I have large bubbles that are clear for the moment, but wonder if that is oxygen or the startings of a bubble algae.

Your input would be helpful - thanks :)

You know I've done ALL of those things short of a protein skimmer? But I just read that intresting thread on the best salt and wouldn't ya know I use IO...very interesting. Is the red color on the rock Cyano?

We really need a pic to attempt to identify the algae.

I use a turkey baster and blow on all my rock periodically... it then all floats around and gets sucked up my skimmer. Keeps things clean :)

Back
Top Bottom