cleaning sea clone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a sea clone 100 ( i know they kinda suck) but this is what I have for the time being. It has not been collecting much lately so I cleaned the sponge. Still isn't collecting anything. I played with the air valve. I hate to be asking a question that I'm sure a lot of people have already asked, but How do I go about cleaning the whole unit? I think I remember reading to not clean one part of the skimmer, so it doesn't have to go though the break in process again. I have a 29 gal, PH 8.1, ammonia 0 trite 0 and trate less than 5. I also upgraded to a Emperor 400. I have a PJ cardinal, 3 damsels and a clown.

How long have you had the Seaclone? I had one that took several weeks to start forming sludge in the cup. The only thing I cleaned was the PH and the cup.

Mike

What is your bio load like..how many fish do you have? What I did on mine was close the valve all the way, then open it about 3/4 of a turn. Not sure if you tried this or not, but maybe this will help.

Mike

Your bio load seems pretty light, but you should be getting something in the cup since its been setup for almost a year. Have you cleaned the sponge real good? Maybe it's clogged. Not sure what it could be other than that. It took mine about 3 weeks to break in, and after that it was filling up with all kinds of gunk.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom