Cleanup Crew??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utradeshow

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys... I have a new 75gal and need a cleanup crew soon. I don't want a bunch of snails.

I would like to get some shrimp and crabs and maybe a star. Could someone give some advice on a good combination of a cleanup crew that isn't overrun by snails???

Small blue or red legged hermit crabs are great for getting rid of algae on rocks/plants/sand. Just be sure to provide them with bigger shells to grow into or they could fight eachother for the shells!

In my experience, cleaner shrimp don't do that much "cleaning", but they can do a bit, and are certainly interesting! A skunk cleaner shrimp and a fire shrimp would be nice additions to your tank!

When adding any inverts, make sure to drip acclimate them (there's a tutorial somewhere on here about it) and of course make sure you've finished cycling your tank before adding any livestock!

You're gonna be very busy cleaning hard to get places without a nice snail population. A lot of folks go completely clawless and use snails only for a reef cleanup crew. They are indispensable IMO.

Back
Top Bottom