Cleanup crew question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Endwellitte

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What do I need for a cleanup crew? I have a 36 gal. bowfront with 34 lbs. LR and 50 lbs. LS, 2 Seabae clownfish, 1 brittle starfish, 4 turbo snails, 1 bumblebee snail and 6 bluelegged hermit crabs. Is this enough or should I have more? Also what would go good with this setup? I'm running 2x 20 watt 10000K bulbs and 1 20watt blue actinic and 2x300gph PH's.
Thank You,
Jim

Clean up crews are kind of tank dependant. One person could get by with say 5 snails on a given size tank and another person might need 4X that many for the same size tank. Some general rules you will se will say 1 snail per 2 gal or even 1 snail per gal of tank capacity. But ifyou dont ahve problems with alage that many snails will be excess.

I would say if you feel you need more you could slowly build up the snail population. With the hermits make sure you have empty shells of various sizes in the tank so as to help limit the number of snail murders that take place in the tank.

yes the extra shells are a must i think i have lost about 2 of them in the past week due to not haveing big shells in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom