Clear algae - algae fix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I have a clear algae taking over my tank. What do you guys think is the best way to get rid of it? Some of my corals stay partially closed because of it. My nitrate is 0 and my phosphates actually hit 0 for a while. Usually are around 0.03.

bgalag2.jpg

I read some threads and it seems like it all came up after adding GFO. No one seemed to know much about it. Anybody have any ideas?

I'd try a few big mexican turbo snails. They eat an amazing amount of algea off rock. I bought 8 for my 125 and they keep it so clean they run out of food. They look pretty cool too...

I'd try a few big mexican turbo snails. They eat an amazing amount of algea off rock. I bought 8 for my 125 and they keep it so clean they run out of food. They look pretty cool too...

I have a few. Not sure how many I have left. I had one have managed to get itself into a hole that it couldn't get out of. I actually had to break the rock apart for it. I think it's caused by flow. Places with lots of flow had none. So I just put in another powerhead.

Back
Top Bottom