clear to black.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Micro_suds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
guys,

i want to make the back of my aquarium black!! in my opinion it looks better and i dont want to go out and spend some more cash and start all over again w/ a new aquarium. my question is will a 1/4 inch piece of black acrylic (cut to size) do the job or is there a better way.... the only thing holding me back is how do i adhere the acrylic to my glass aquarium?? i was thinking a very small bead of silicon in each corner might do the trick? has anyone tried this...?

regards,

Micro

I have a 29 Gal freshwater tank... What I did was just paint it with black artist acryllic paint!

It was easy.. and can be scraped off with a razor when you're done.

Just brush it on, and you'll be amazed how it looks on the inside of the glass!
You can pick up a tube of black acryllic at any artist or hobby store.

I hope that helps!

Jeff.

Any material taped on doesn't bring the color through very well, hence why you have to use oil or vaseline on those plastic backgrounds. I used:

Latex%20Paint.jpg

I have one of those plastic background things taped to the back of my tank. One sides black and one sides very dark blue (thats what the lable says, Im a little color blind). I thik it looks great though. Hey if ya dont like it you could just take it off, plus its usually very cheap to buy, if I were you, id give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom