Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Following along, lookign good so far. Keep the updates coming.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Holy crap. Where did this build come from? Here I am making drawings of what I want to do in MS Paint...this guy is going strait autocad on us!

I'm currently about to start the plumbing on my 55...which means unhooking my sump and such from my 36. That is a great idea about putting the piping down to the bottom with an elbow. I'd use that and get the pump for the skimmer under the egg crate, if possible. If not I'm sure it'll work out just fine.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
Holy crap. Where did this build come from? Here I am making drawings of what I want to do in MS Paint...this guy is going strait autocad on us!

I'm currently about to start the plumbing on my 55...which means unhooking my sump and such from my 36. That is a great idea about putting the piping down to the bottom with an elbow. I'd use that and get the pump for the skimmer under the egg crate, if possible. If not I'm sure it'll work out just fine.
lol google sketch up is a super simple program, the drawing in this build are the first ones I have ever done. I was going to use paint and just hated that it wasnt to scale or looked good. so a quick google search and I was able to find this free program that makes doing this so much simpler. Its great to have this tool to better plan out the build.
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald76 View Post
Are you going to be selling sps too or is this just a dt?
its a DT but ill be growing out frags and what not as time goes on and hope to be able to sell them at some point so that people dont have to yank them out of the ocean.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have made some changes in my lighting. I'll be doing a DIY led build from rapid led. It will give me a better color spectrum and higher quality LEDs.

I'll be getting the solderless kits. I'll have two heat sinks that are 6x9 that will have 24leds each. 6xroyal blue 6xblue 11xwhite 1xred. The blues will be on their own dimmer and the whites and red will be on a dimmer.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Regular

Sounds good, I was thinking of doing my own led's looking forward to seeing it
Old 04-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll be ordering mine as soon as I get my tax return haha
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Added about 35lbs of live rock to the tank today and dosed the ammonia to 2ppm to see if it converts it. I am going to wait till the tank is cycled before moving fish and corals over because I would hate to lose any of my stuff. Only had one issue when moving rock. One of my peices with an monti that was growing beautifully fell and broke the monti into about7 peices so I guess I'll be starting some frags already...I plan on clustering them near each other in the new tank to possibly get a stair like effect.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Heres the canopy so far. Needs a few more braces for the doors in the front. Will be adding a 1x6 on each end of the front and 2x 1x1 braces in the front. sadly ill have to move my deer so that the tank isnt so abstucted and so that the doors can open
Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

My water has come down to .25PPM in Ammonia so I think im omw to being cycled a bit faster with the addition of the live rock. I picked up my mandarin today to start to train to eat frozen foods that I will be training in a 25g before moving him to the 75g. He is Large Fat and Healthy the 3 things I looked for when choosing him (Oh and also wanted a male) I think he will do well at least im hoping he will. My scooter has been eating frozen foods for 4 months and is doing well. Heres a picture of the Blue or Green Mandarin w/e you want to call it.

Also picked up a new ORA Acro can anyone I.D. it for sure? I was told it was a "ORA Bird of Paradise" Its Green stem with yellow tips and Purple polyps. got it for 20$ I felt that was a steal for a coral this beautiful.

Here is some more progress on my Canopy as well. Dont mind the rock scape...I hate it and it will not be staying like that just havent gotten to work with all my pieces of rock yet so that I can start picking what pieces I want to use and what ones I dont. I think theres close to 90lbs in the tank and I only want to have around 60-70lbs of rock in the tank.

Tags
75g, bottom, sps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com