Closed loop intake idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone have a suggestion for a low visable intake for a closed loop? I thougt about hiding it under rock but I am afraid it would pull debris into the rock so it could not be cleaned easily.

I am planning a closed loop for my 120. I will have a low center bulkhead (drilling the tank myself) with a home made T bar made from PVC with holes. This will be hidden behind LR. I figure if the bar is big enough the suction will be less and less likely for any critters to get stuck.

I was thinking of doing something like that also but I am concerned about it pulling debris in the rocks and cause my parameters to get messed up. I may just do a standard black screen over two bulkheads. If I can find them long enough it should keep the critters safe.
Thanks for the link PC but that clutters up worst than powerheads which is what I am trying to avoid.

my friend used the locline stuff and made a very nice return that goes down both ends of his tank. its black and they each have 3 water discharge points on them. The loc line stuff is not cheap... do a google search for there site.

Locline is neat stuff. Has anyone ever ran closed loop return lines under the DSB and point the water returns from under the LR?

I read a thread on Reef Central where someone took PVC pipe and made it into rock by covering it with a mix of cement crushed coral and sand and used that to hide the return lines. Looked like a cool idea but the results were not impressive.

I was thinking of pvc running the length of the tank a elbow to bring it out of the sand then maybe a flexable nozzle to point it where needed, of course it would be cover with LR so you would have to look for it but even then all you would see is the tip of the nozzle.

Back
Top Bottom