cloudy eyes clown and heavy breathing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daney90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello, please help me. My clown is very sick. I have this clownfish for 7 months now. He was very healthy and he used to swim to me whenever I go close to the tank. Yesterday I noticed he was very lethargic and wasn't very active like he used to. Now he has a cloudy eyes and he's breathing HEAVILY. He also swims to one side near the powerhead. OTher inhabitants are: 1 flame angel, 1 orange spotted goby and 2 cardinals and inverts.

Tested my water 2 days ago and it was
Ammonia=0
trites =0
trates=0
phos=0
calc=420
KH=10
ph=8.1

latest addition to the tank was 1 brain coral and 1 cardinal that died a day after I added to the tank. This was 1 week ago.

I have a 10 gal tank that I can set it up as QT but I need a guide and advice what to do.

Must be some kind of parasite. Put him in QT with some saltwater from DT. Put some ich medication right away with the right proportion with water. If no ich medication, very slowly acclimate (drip method) with 1.009 salinity.

So my clownfish died for unknown cause. Now im thinking of getting a UV sterilizer. Anyone know whats a good uv sterilizer thats reliable and not too expensive?

Sorry to hear that. I doubt your nitrate is 0. What size is your tank? FYI UV sterilizer is good for controlling outbreak of algae and parasites but will not totally remove them.

Sorry about your clown. :( My starry blenny a while back got cloudy eyes and lethargic. I decided (after talking to a guy at lfs) it was a worm of some sort and treated the DT tank with 2 doses of prazipro as directions stated and his eyes cleared up and he went back to normal. Just keep an eye on your other fish and keep this in mind. Prazipro treats several types of parasites and is easy to do.

Sorry to hear that. I double your nitrate is 0. What size is your tank? FYI UV sterilizer is good for controlling outbreak of algae and parasites but will not totally remove them.

Yup just finished doing my tests and

Ammonia =0
NO3=0
NO4=0
PO4=0
ph=8.2
KH=9
Calc= 440

My ro water has a reading of 0 tds so not sure whats causing my fish to die.

Sorry about your clown. :( My starry blenny a while back got cloudy eyes and lethargic. I decided (after talking to a guy at lfs) it was a worm of some sort and treated the DT tank with 2 doses of prazipro as directions stated and his eyes cleared up and he went back to normal. Just keep an eye on your other fish and keep this in mind. Prazipro treats several types of parasites and is easy to do.

Can prazipro be used in a reef tank? Also when my clown had cloudy eyes it only took a day and after that he died the next morning I woke up when I checked my tank. So sad that it happened too fast :/

It can be used in a reef. I used it in my reef. It says to use caution with feather dusters, but it didn't hurt any of my feather dusters.

Back
Top Bottom