Cloudy reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithcinema

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just returned from first weekend away since I set up reef tank and 2 corals knocked upside down in the sand and tank very cloudy can not see to other side ammo 0 ,nitrite 0 , nitrate 4ppm , calcium 480 , alkalinity 128 ppm phos 0 ,ph 8.1 I use all Hanna test kits and redsea pro nitrate so I know test are all accurate .. Changed to a much more powerfull light last week ecoray 112d ??? My filter pads are real dirty quick again this week normally clean 1 a week did it 4 days ago and they are bright orange again !!! Don't have a lot of fish in my 80 gal only 6 real small what can be causing this ?????????

Did u rinse out the substrate before you put it in ur tank?did any of your liverock fall if any of it did it could have made the substrate go all over causing cloudiness your readings seem natural I believe it will clear up in a day or two max

Well wut clean up crew do u have? Sometimes they can knock a frag over I've seen it happen in my tank with my red legged cleaning crabs .. the fish could have also knocked them down even though they are small they Chase after eachother and run into things especially wrasses.. since uve been away did u leeve an automatic feeder by any chance? When was the last tome u cleaned the tank?

Crabs, snails,hermits,shrimp cleaned it Friday fully with 20 percent water change no feeder just left some algae on a clip I have been noticing over last week or 2 my 12x 12 filter pad has been getting real dirty in just 3 days to a dark orange first I thought it was the gfo but now it's 2 much to be that

Ro and the next day I took out the gfo out of my brs reactor and everything is Crystal clear now!! No matter how low I set it it would make all my pads orange and I had a orange haze on everything from now on putting it in a bag in the sump I'll load the reactor up with purgin or maybe bio pellets but I hear mixed reviews on them some like them some hate them

Back
Top Bottom