cloudy reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mako258

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi ther,I recently just started up a new tank 29 gallon ,I have 20 lbs live sand,30 lbs live rock ,refuigm w live sand and macro algae,I used nutri water,the tank has been running for 4 weeks now,woke up one morning,white cloudy water,ammonia 0 nitrites o ph 8.2 , no phosphate,salinity0.023,cam anyone help me

Did you recently dose alk and calcium at the same time? Could be precipitating. Or maybe a powerhead is blowing your sand around? Or a bacteria bloom is starting.

Hi ther,I recently just started up a new tank 29 gallon ,I have 20 lbs live sand,30 lbs live rock ,refuigm w live sand and macro algae,I used nutri water,the tank has been running for 4 weeks now,woke up one morning,white cloudy water,ammonia 0 nitrites o ph 8.2 , no phosphate,salinity0.023,cam anyone help me

Test the water. Do a water change .

If it clears up on its own it was probably a bacteria bloom. If you notice fine white sediment on everything then it was probably precipitation. Stirring up the sand would probably result in an ammonia or nitrate spike

Thank u all u have been a great help,I took a look behind the tank where my refuim is,found a wash cloth in it lol very hard to c back ther it must of fell in during the setup because it all disintegrated,thx again

Wow glad to see you found the source of your problem good luck with your setup

Back
Top Bottom