Cloudy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 125 has a leak and I have pacthed it for now. Long story short is I do not have my sump running and just have PH's circulating the water and providing oxygen. In the past 1-2 days I have noticed that the water appears to have a white cloudiness to it. All of my levels are good to this point. It has been almost a week. I need to keep the tank as is as I am setting up a new one. I had to drain the tank down to about 50-60 gallons. I am slowly filling it back up and now back up to about 80 gallons. Im moving the 5 small fish, 2 annenomes, 3 shrimp and 90 lbs of LR to a 100 gallon. How can I clear up the cloudiness? Could I run a HOB filter with carbon? I am accustomed to having a crystal clear tank....Or should I do a water change? I have been adding water now for 3-4 days each day. I want to have as much good water as I can get to go into the new tank.

Also I noticed this I think about the same time I put in some "Prime" and wonder if this isnt causing it now that I think about it...

Cloudiness is not fun.
Prime could easily be the culprit. I just de-clouded a tank by using one of the water clarifiying solutions. Normally, I am against chemicals but this freshwater cichlid tank had been cloudy for 6 weeks. Anyway, fixed things up overnight.
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom