Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to fishman
Cloudy tank

My 125 has a leak and I have pacthed it for now. Long story short is I do not have my sump running and just have PH's circulating the water and providing oxygen. In the past 1-2 days I have noticed that the water appears to have a white cloudiness to it. All of my levels are good to this point. It has been almost a week. I need to keep the tank as is as I am setting up a new one. I had to drain the tank down to about 50-60 gallons. I am slowly filling it back up and now back up to about 80 gallons. Im moving the 5 small fish, 2 annenomes, 3 shrimp and 90 lbs of LR to a 100 gallon. How can I clear up the cloudiness? Could I run a HOB filter with carbon? I am accustomed to having a crystal clear tank....Or should I do a water change? I have been adding water now for 3-4 days each day. I want to have as much good water as I can get to go into the new tank.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to fishman
Also I noticed this I think about the same time I put in some "Prime" and wonder if this isnt causing it now that I think about it...

Old 09-20-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Cloudiness is not fun.
Prime could easily be the culprit. I just de-clouded a tank by using one of the water clarifiying solutions. Normally, I am against chemicals but this freshwater cichlid tank had been cloudy for 6 weeks. Anyway, fixed things up overnight.
Jeff

Tags
cloud, cloudy, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com