Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtisle506

Aquarium Advice Activist
3 weeks ago i had surgery on my right knee and havent payed alot of attention to my tank lately. Im going to be on crutches till november so my mom and dad have been helping with feeding etc... I havent done a water change for about a month and a half... Im gonna test my paramaters tomorrow... But lately my tank has been cloudy...my reef has been up for about a year and have never had this problem. Btw it is a 75 gallon reef with about 100 lbs of liverock. Mostly LPS and softies but i have about 8 SPS frags etc. the coral look decently happy so im sure by looking my calcium and alk should be fine or mabye just a tad low. I doubt the phospates or the nitrates are that bad due to the same reason. Nor am i having any algae issues. The surface tension actually is not moving much just circling and not really making waves. I have 2 1050 korallia powerheads but at the moment both have a little bubble algae on the front of the powerhead....(might decrease a little flow and dont really know how to remove). My protien skimmer has been skimming well and i need to dump it....its been full for 3-4 days and i havent dumped it. The other day i let my little sister clean of the coralline that was growing on the front glass panel as was wondering if this may have contributed to the cloudyness. I recently added two new small fish, a sharknose goby and sixline to add to my yellow tang, hippo tang, flame angel, lemarks angel, firefish goby, ocellaris clown, and chromis. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong like i said ill test paramaters tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom