Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tloktb26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I'm hoping someone can help. The water in my tank is very cloudy, I don't know why. All my levels are fine, Salinity, Ammonia, Nitrates and PH are normal. I don't think that I've overfed. I have a 40 gallon with liverock. 1 clown fish and 3 damsels. Please help.

I must also add that about 6 days ago I did a 50% water change, the new water was properly aerated, temp was same as main tank, fish were fine after change.

I had a similar problem with IO salt. I thought it was that, and tried Tropic Marin salt..Had the same result. Then found out it was the water source. I use RO water and the machine I was getting water from, I believe was not filtering very good... I have since gone to another, and the mixed water stays clear... I don't know if this helps or not, JME....

You could use a Diatom filter to polish the water..it will catch even the smallest particles...

Is the water white cloudy or green cloudy?

How old is your tank. I use normal tap water. I condition it first and then add salt. I also add a airstone to the bucket of water, and leave it there overnight. I'm not usually worried about temp as the water in the bucket is pretty much the same temp as the water in the tank. It's summer. AC is always blasting. I don't have cloudy water at all. Atleast I don't think so. Anyway, the only way I get slightly cloudy water is when I do gravel vac.

we had that problem for quiet awhile and tried eveything and then we got a bigger pump and it cleared right up. we use tropic marine and only ro water.

Back
Top Bottom