Cloudy water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
My water has been very cloudy lately anyone have an idea why? I did a 20% water change the other day and it made it very clear but then I added 100 nassurus (sp) snails and now its cloudy. Here are my parematers...

Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0
amm. - 0
Ph - 8.2
Salinity 1.024

Also another question, my auarium is glass and it looks like someone might have used a steel pad or something to clean the inside of the glass. Is there anyway to get the scratches out safely? TIA.

Try running carbon to get the cloudiness to go down.. When you added the snails were any of them dead? Some of them may have died and it is causing the water to be cloudy.

As far as the scratches on glass, unfortunately not, you can keep them clean with a razor blade when algae gets in them. Usually, when the scratches are too many to bear, you replace the tank. It is much cheaper and less hassle to replace than repair.

Do you dose calcium? Sometimes if there is excess calcium in the water it may cause some precipitation to show up.

No the only suppliment I use is called reef solution and I havent used it for awhile cause I noticed it was making my mushrooms "wilt" so to speak.

How much do you guys have to top off? Those with no top I mean.

i have to put 2 gallons in there every 3 days or so avg for evaporation

My area is VERY dry in the winter. For my 55 gallon I lose about a gallon a day to evaporation.

Ok so its normal I use about 1-2 gallons but I have a fan on my tank. I was just making sure its not unusual. What do you do when you go on vacation?

Back
Top Bottom