clove needs help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
clove appears to be doing poorly? please see photo. i do weekly water changes. allwater test check out ok. sal=1.22. lights run 10 hours each day. two mh 150 with two 30 watt aqua coral. tank is a regular 55 reef ready.

All in all the clove does not look that bad. The lack of opening polyps could be excessive water flow. They are fairly accepting of a great many conditions and will adapt to many levels of light intesity.

tmac said:
clove appears to be doing poorly? please see photo. i do weekly water changes. allwater test check out ok. sal=1.22.
The lower salinity will also be contributing to the corals poor response. This is too low for any invert. Slowly raise the salinity over the next few days to 1.024-25 depending on what intrument you use to measure.

All the neccessary nitrogens in the right place and the temp is stable?

Cheers
Steve

Check all your levels, I would up the SG also over the next few days. They do require a moderate to strong current and what is that aound the bottom (the reddish looking stuff)? If its alage I would take a turkey baster and suck it up to remove it. How long have you had this clove?

Back
Top Bottom