Clove polyps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tooldini

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a frag of clove polyps about 1 month ago. They seem to be doing great my water is very good. I have noticed many many tiny polyps developing and many stalk like things that extend out and attach to neaby rock. They don't seem to be a long and flowing as before. Is this due to some any tiny ones growing through out the colony.Will this get better ones the tiny ones mature? Thanks for any answers.

Jeff

I bought one about 3 months ago. Maybe 5inches across side to side when I brought it home. Within 2 weeks it doubled in size, stretching out more polyps and even dropping some onto the sand, which then grew themselves. Now I'm working on getting the new colonies to attach to rocks so I can share them with my friends.

The ones that stretch out and stick to the rocks, if you gently cut them from the main colony they should form new seperate ones. At least from what I've read so far.

cool thats what I was wondering.I have heard they grow good and fast. I may have to try that once they get too big. Thanks

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom