clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My clownfish has scales that are coming off is this going to cause an infection? I posted this question in the other forum, does anyone know!?

I suppose it could, but you have good water quality so it should not be a problem. Lace the food with some selcon or zoe and maybe do a water change.

Good idea! Well if you say it's unlikely I feel better. I wish there was something I could do to make him stop jumping out of the water like that! I can't barely get into the tank. He just started doing it, when I bought the rock. I wonder if I paired him with another if it would help?

How long have the chromis been in the tank and are they showing anykind of similar signs? As QS pointed it it could be nothing but just to be safe....

Cheers
Steve

It's only when I am in the tank moving rock or corals or fixing something that has fallen. He goes crazy. He rushes the surface of the water and begins jumping out of the water higher and higher until I am out of the water! The chromis seem happy and the clown leaves them alone. He leaves everyone alone except me :roll: I know it seems like an easy answer = stay out of the water. But there are times I NEED to be in there (like fixing a fallen coral).

I thought it was something else until I read your post in the general forum about your sky diving clown. No worries, I'm sure it will be fine.

Cheers
Steve

I have a tomato clown that acts similar. Lot of times he`ll rush at my hand. I guess just being protective of the colt coral that he hides in. Good Luck

I think my clown thinks about 50 gallons of territory is his lol. There is two crossbars in my tank, I can get into the right side and the left side of the tank, but the middle is no man's land lol.

Back
Top Bottom