Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to reefmaster
Clown and anemone really like each other

I just got a rose anemone and after i acclimated it (took about 45 min.)and put it in tank half an hour later, my gold stripe maroon clownfish is rubbing in its tenticles. He cant actually get in it becasue its still kinda curled up, but im suprised how fast he hosted it.

Last anemone it took him about a week to get hosted. It was a green carpet.

Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Snoopybdb
i had a saddle back clown that i bougt a rose anenome for and as soon as i put it in the tank he was all over it. infact he liked it so much he never came out not even to eat and eventully he died

Old 09-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
It took my clowns about a week or so to host in their sebae anemone I bought them. They would stare at it thinking... "what the heck is this weird looking thing" but eventually they caught on and were all over the thing.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have had a rose anemone for a week now and the clown still did not host in it. It has been only a short time so I am hoping he will take to it soon. Reefmaster do you have any pics of youre?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

First off..the anemone is considered the "host", not the clown
Whether or not a clown and anemone for a sybiotic relationship in a captive system is really a matter of chance. Clowns generally do not have the same dangers in a home awuarium that they do in the wild. There is less need to search out a host for protection. Just give it some time, it may happen, it may not.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My gold stripe maroon has not expressed any interest whatsoever in my green carpet since it's introduction 6 months ago. I'm not overly concerned, as I didn't purchase either one for that particular reason.
40 Gal Hex, 10 Gal Sump, CPR overflow with Mag 7 return, Maxxima 35 RO/DI, 10K MH pendant, 2 x 15W actinic, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 high fin goby, 40lbs LR.com rock, 1 red head goby, 1 algae blenny, Leather, blastomussa, sun, and hammer corals, green polyps, carpet anemone, 2 sexy shrimp...and more LR critters than you could imagine in your worst nightmares.... Mantis in 5 gal
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:51 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to reefmaster
pics

ill try to post a pic when i can for you vipv. Its pretty big, bigger then i thought. about 5-6 inches across. you cant miss it in my 30 gallon tank, hehe.

Tags
anemone, clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com