clown anenome question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jr5018

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I have 2 percula clowns that made friends with an anenome in my friends tank. I have the clowns in my tank now. First question, do i need special lighting for an anenome or will standard lighting suffice for the next 6 months. It has to be at least six months as i am being shipped out soon and my wife will be taking care of the tank in my absence. question 2, what do i feed the anenome? I am new to this and i am having to explain this to another newbie so please be extremely vivid. Oh yes another question the beach behind my house if full of fiddler crabs can i put them in my tank? will it hurt anything?

You will much more lighting for the anenome. They require at least 4 to 6 watts per gal. of CF or MH. It will not last six months waiting for a lighting up-grade. These are not easy creatures to keep. They require strong light, perfect water parameters and should never be attempted in tanks that are less then one year old. In your current situation you are setting yourself up for disastor. I feed mine froozen squid and mysis shrimp every other eday. As for the crabs...I would not risk it. You never know what their claws will go for in your tanks and they have a habbit of escaping.

Back
Top Bottom