Clown battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maiceman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had 2 true perculas for about 3 1/2 months now and when I bought them they were the only 2 clowns in the same tank. They are both very small and the first week I had them the larger one chased the smaller around and dominated it. Now the smaller one is starting to assert itself and has the larger one hiding in the corner. Can anyone explain this behavior?... I am assuming they are both still to young to sex yet ... maybe this is the start of the process.

I am assuming they are both still to young to sex yet ... maybe this is the start of the process.

I would think, off hand, that they were reaching a stage where one will become the female and one will become the male. Attitude will determine as well as size.

My two false Percs are behaving the same way, actually. No damage to either, but a good bit of fighting and a few stand-offs (which are pretty funny to watch).

About to add a flame angel to the mix; in quarentine now. Should be interesting to see if it affects their behavior. Until now, they have been the only fish sharing the tank with two shrimp and a bunch of snails.

We have 2 Tank Raised Percs and they do the same thing one has even taken up "under" a Toadstool Leather , there are times they get along tho, I was worried at first too. They are soo fun to watch, I can see why they named them clowns. :p

Back
Top Bottom