Clown behaving strangely...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
Not sure if anyone remembers my tank crashing overnight 6 months back. Long story short, my Boxfish released Ostratoxin in the tank and I lost my Blond Naso Tang, Boxfish, Angler, Yellow Tang, and Yellow Eye Tang.

Long story short, when I got up that morning, my GS Marroon Clown was clinging to life floating at the top of the aquarium. However, she is the toughest broad of all time. She survived me panicing and throwing her in fresh water for about a minute, going back in the spoiled tank, into a QT for 6 weeks, and lived to thrive once again in my display tank.

My tank is looking better than ever now days, lots of purple aglea, pods on the rock (finally got to a Mandarin Goby), and crystal clear water. However, she's been doing something goofy today. Every so often she swims down to the sand, stirs a bunch of it up, and then swims back to her anemone.

Anyone know what her behaviour means?

Sorry for your loss. In case you did not know a 65 gal is way to small for 3 tangs and it's not much room even for a yellow or kole(smallest tangs) tang singly.

That is common thing among some clown fishes. I've read several threads of them doing that behavior. Sometimes they will dig up the sand until they reach the bottom of the tank.

The Maroon & Gold that I have I got from a fellow reefer with a DSB where she was digging huge craters in his sand bed. He couldn't take it anymore so he gave her up. She stirs the sand up in her hole here too (just in one spot). I've also heard that this behavior is pretty common to them. Dunno why.

Back
Top Bottom