Clown Breeding Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MississippiFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My clowns laid some eggs while I was away. I have never raised SW fry before and I have no idea in what to do. If anyone would be willing to help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt any will make it in your first batch. They take much more work than FW fry. They need to be fed live rotifers which you have to grow to feed them, and should be moved to a tank all by themselves. I dont know the other tricks to doing it as I have never tried, but some others may be able to better help you. I know Ziggy just posted in another thread with a book that has lots of good information about clown breeding.

EDIT: apparently he posted it in your other thread.

yetee said:
I doubt any will make it in your first batch. They take much more work than FW fry. They need to be fed live rotifers which you have to grow to feed them, and should be moved to a tank all by themselves. I dont know the other tricks to doing it as I have never tried, but some others may be able to better help you. I know Ziggy just posted in another thread with a book that has lots of good information about clown breeding.

EDIT: apparently he posted it in your other thread.

Yea I saw that but I would rather now buy a book.

Back
Top Bottom