Clown Compatablity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cincotta82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I was thinking about starting up a nice Fish Only 55 gal tank soon. For stocking I was interested in Clownfish (seeing I am new to the salt water side of things and they are supposedly hardy fish if tank bred). I know that when stocking Clownfish it is best to introduce even numbers at the same time.

I was interested in possibly a pair of Ocellaris and and a pair of Black and White Percs (both tank bred). Is this combination possible???? If so what techniques should I use when introducing the livestock?? THANKS in advance!!!!!

It is a common misconception that a tank raised fish will tolerate other species/mated pairs within the same system moreso than WC. It really comes down to tank size & the larger the better. Black/white percs also being Ocellaris clowns can/will cohabitate with regular "orange" ocellaris but 4 in such a small space would not be wise. In a larger system you could create a school so to speak but I would not suggest attempting this in a 55 gal.

Choose the species/type you like the best and opt just for a single mated pair.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the advice!....I thought 4 clowns would be fine in 55 gal though with a nice centerpiece of live or dead rock (say 30-40 lbs), ideas anyone????????

Back
Top Bottom