Clown eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redchick2

Aquarium Advice Freak
My clowns have had a batch of eggs in a 55 g aquarium. This was an unplanned pregnacy! Is there anything I need to do to help some of the new guys survive. I just noticed them tonight, but they may have been there a few days...

Survival of even one is almost 0% Any other fish in the tank, powerheads, filters, these will all be the death of the babies. If they survive that there is nothing in the tank for the young ones to eat. They need rotifers and brine. Usually the male clown will eat the eggs as well. It takes A LOT of HARD work to raise them.

I must admit I've never had any luck at all. I just see them as free live food now, my banded coral shrimp goes mad chasing them around, enjoyable to watch :)

Survival of even one is almost 0% Any other fish in the tank, powerheads, filters, these will all be the death of the babies. If they survive that there is nothing in the tank for the young ones to eat. They need rotifers and brine. Usually the male clown will eat the eggs as well. It takes A LOT of HARD work to raise them.
Its not that hard, just needs a lot of patience.

My clowns have had a batch of eggs in a 55 g aquarium. This was an unplanned pregnacy! Is there anything I need to do to help some of the new guys survive. I just noticed them tonight, but they may have been there a few days...
I wouldn't bother trying to save or raise any from the first couple of clutches as you wont be ready for them,and the male will usually eat the first few clutches as well.Do some research,theres lots of advice in a load of threads I've answered in my profile and I statred a thead about a week ago showing my setup for fry.

Back
Top Bottom