clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
we just watched the finding nemo movie and my girl wants a clown fish now big suprise lol what is one of the most peaseful ones i heard they are kind of mean I have shrimp yellow tang midas blenny neon golby thanks

Well i have a pair of Perk clowns with a yellow tang and lawnmower blenny.

They all get along great. I would take the tang out rearrange the rocks a little bit.Put the clowns in to find there home first. After a few days put the tang back in.

Hope this helps Dewey

Watch out with your current damsels. There might be a little infighting with a clown. Keep your eye on things. Adding in some Pre Cured Live Rock would really help things a lot. It will give the fish a place to hide and feel more secure. Plus it will give the tang a nice place to graze during the day and help with filtration.

I was in my LFS a few days ago and they had 3 clownfish in a 200 gallon tank with nothing but gravel in the bottom. But they were all about the size of a nickel! They were so cute! But I don't have my Live rock yet so I had to stop myself from buying one. As soon as I get my rock and have it in there for a while I'm getting one... too bad they'll be all grown up by then probably.

I have a Skunk clown and an Ocellaris clown (nemo) and strangely enough they are best pals. I have a 120 gal and each of them are an inch and they go everywhere together. The skunk has loads of personality and is quick to come say high when someone eyeballs the tank.

I have a 120 gal and each of them are an inch and they go everywhere together.

It is nice to see when our fish transcend the bigotry that plagues their species. Occasionally lessons can be learned from our fish ;)

Back
Top Bottom