Clown fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 clown fish in my 60gal reef tank, 1 is considerably larger than the other and even after more than a month and a half will not share his anemone. So the small clown just sleeps on the sand bed at the foot of the bigger clowns anemone. Will the big clown ever share, if not will buying a second anemone lure the smaller fish in? I'm just glad the big one stopped whooping the little ones butt.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The fighting was the clowns deciding who would be female and male the big one(female) will eventually start spawning withy the small one(male) then they will both share an anemone.

-The Reeffantic ??

I didn't think they would spawn unless they were a mated pair.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ya if you have good water quality they will spawn and lay eggs. You can also sell them for a good chunk of change as a mated pair.?? You can also raise the lava and sell them.

-The Reeffantic ??

Clownfish pair up and do odd things like this all the time. Don't count on them laying eggs, this is pretty rare and even worse odds at them hatching. This actually requires a tank specifically for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom