Clown fish and Brittle star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdesai

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 36 litre nano tank is pretty new, two brittle starfish emerged from the live rocker, However they never came out of the rocks. I introduced two clown fishes into the tank (Ocellaris). One larger of the two (althouh both are juveniles), keeps going near one of the brittle starfish. It just stays close tot he starfish as the starfish keeps swaying its tentacles.

Are my clownfishes safe from the brittle starfish?

My 36 litre nano tank is pretty new, two brittle starfish emerged from the live rocker, However they never came out of the rocks. I introduced two clown fishes into the tank (Ocellaris). One larger of the two (althouh both are juveniles), keeps going near one of the brittle starfish. It just stays close tot he starfish as the starfish keeps swaying its tentacles.

Are my clownfishes safe from the brittle starfish?

You should be perfectly fine. Are the brittle stars small? Or at least smaller than the fish. I had a couple small ones come with my live rock before. They are very awesome hitchhikers. They usually never leave the rock and don't mess with anything.

They are much bigger than my clown fish. One of the fishes sat the whole night next to the spot where the tentacles come out. It seems to enjoy brushing itself with the tentacles. I think so.

Highly doubtful that a star can catch/kill a healthy fish, they will eat a dead one though

Back
Top Bottom