Clown fish battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've had these 2 clown fish for about 9 months now. One clearly started growing faster soon after I got them, and now you can tell them apart instantly. The bigger one harasses the crap out of the little one some times. To the point where the small one has 2 chunks of his dorsal fin missing. They seem to get along for a few weeks then go at it again.

Is this ever gonna stop? Should I think about finding an other home for one of them? I'm putting together a 125g, it should be up soon, you think they'll get along then? They're in a 29 biocube right now. What should I do?

Could try them both in the 125.. If tgey continue to bicker with each other. They can find there own homes in a larger tank

in the 125 they wont be so confined so they should settle down
the big one picks on the little one to show the male she's boss
it's like there married

The point is do not get married. Your wife will beat u up too ?

They are mean little fishes right! Mine does that too and thy have been together a couple of years. Its quite sad p watch, she doesnt let him in the nem he has to sleep on top of it :( Not so far as fin damage tho so keep an eye on that...

I have been watching them. It's weird they'll go at it for a week or so then act like nothing happened. I've noticed when this is happening the royal gramma hides in the LR. When the clowns are getting along the gramma is always out.

I just had that happen to my pair of clowns. I removed the female and put her in a qt tank by herself for seven days. I just put her back in my main tank and they seem to be doing better. She actually lets him in the nem every once in awhile

image-1799081414.jpg

Hmm I never thought of putting one of them in time out haha. Maybe when I make the switch to the new tank ill drop the male in a week early.

Hmm I never thought of putting one of them in time out haha. Maybe when I make the switch to the new tank ill drop the male in a week early.

Yeah my LFS told me to do it along with a few people from this forum! It's working so far!!

I have two Golden Stripe Maroons and I've just moved my reef into a 40b I built up my LR then added the fish. Helen my first Golden Stripe Maroon was in the 10g by herself. I put Tommy, my baby Maroon into the 40g first and then Helen, my other larger one. I hadn't noticed any missing dorsal when I bought Tommy but I think Helen may have taken a bite. They're not fighting, although occasionally Helen will chase Tommy around the tank. I don't know what happens at night cause the tank is in my office. I hope they pair but for now they're usually on opposite sides of the tank. Tommy just swims the glass on one side of the tank while Helen covers the other. Do they see their reflections...?

Back
Top Bottom