CLOWN FISH BIT ME!! LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
When i was moving the rockwork around in my 30 gallon tank ( there were to many bumpy spots i wanted to make more flat spots for coral) I guess i got alittle to close to my clownfish and his anemone and he rushed out and bit me! I wouldnt have thought he would have bit me but he did! lol. i only have my gold stripe maroon clownfish and his rose anemone which sufferd a pretty painstaking tangle in the filter intake (hes fine now). It didnt hurt me, but i sure did feel it, lol.

That is typical clown behavior. I've seen that in other people's tanks more than I can tell you! My GSMs have never actually nipped at me but one does brush his tail at me (he thinks he's a tang) if I get to close to the anemones. Territorial little buggers. And they don't care how much bigger than them you are!

same here. when i am working in my tank the clown will hoover around my hand and bite me every once in while. i also have to try to keep the cleaner shrimp off my arm. he is really bold

steve r

Back
Top Bottom