clown fish doesnt like my anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevman323

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Ive had a regular ocellaris clown fish for about 3 weeks in my tank. I received him from my sister, who had decided she didn't want him after he became slightly aggressive when his partner died in a power head accident. My family pressured me into getting an anemone for my clown fish, as he would sometimes spas out when the light was turned on, or when somebody made a quick motion. I had also wanted one, because I thought they were neat, and I thought the clown fish might be less aggressive if I got him one.

It has been about 5 days now, and my clown fish has still not touched my anemone. It is a bubble tipped anemone, and has the healthy bubble tips. I got a very good deal on a powerful light, so light is not a problem, my tank qualities are good, and I feed my tank flake food in the morning, and brine shrimp in the evening. I also squirt the brine shrimp directly into my anemone with a turkey baster.

I don't know much about anemones and clown fish to know if it normally takes some time to develop a bond between them, of if this is unusual. any thoughts or input would be helpful.

Thanks

Clownfish often dont bond with a anenome people put in the tank. It is a fifty fifty chance, it will bond sometimes, and sometimes not. So iwould say that your clown wont bond with your anenome. BUT it has only been 5 days you say and i have heard of people having there clowns with there anenomes for up to a year and suddenly the clown feels like bonding with the anenome.

Try this little trick...put a ceramic tile next to the anemone with the glased side up and see what happens. Clowns not only look for anemones that they like, but also the area around them so that they can spawn easily.

What lighting is powerful?

Is it a tank bred clown? Wild Clown?
If its tank bred, Can take it months to years to figure out what it is. If its wild, It'll figure it out soon enough.

If your tank is good for a anemone, Then wait it out.. It may happen, May not.

My tank bred wanted nothing to do with an anemone till I added another one that did like anemones. Within a day, my TB one could not live without his anemone. It's all just luck of the draw.

Back
Top Bottom