Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-02-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Clown fish hosting

2 questions, can a pair of ocellaris clowns host an anemone or even a coral and also if a pair of clowns are hosting an anemone and the anemone dies how will that effect them

Sharklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Clowns can and will host anything..Mine host a rock...and protect it !

If a nem dies in your tank it can possibly cause a mass kill off of everything in your tank...personally i think nems are way overrated and not worth all the trouble of keeping one..Chances are your clowns won't host it and they may move all over your tank and settle in where you don't even see it.

Currently rebuilding
QTing is a good thing
Grow your filtration
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
To add that clowns can host anything mine that I got a week ago started hosting a hammer coral in there first hour in the tank.
Nyghtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
clown hosting in coral happens. mine hosted in a frog spawn. the **** near beat it to death. i put a anemone in and they moved into it. Then anemone died after eating my sea hare. I caught it in time. After almost a total of 50 percent water change and cleaning sand really good. I got tank back right and a few weeks later i put another anemone in minus the see hare. and they moved into new anemone a few days later. You have to watch anemones if they start to go south pull them out. the can destroy a system.
ksl1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
My clowns didnt host my nem when I had it, but they did host an elegance coral to near death. Hosting in my opinion is over rated. lol Theres a 50-50 chance it will happen to begin with at best....like mentioned above, nems are alot of times more trouble than they are worth imo
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is online now   Reply With Quote

clown, clown fish, sting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com