Clown fish hosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
2 questions, can a pair of ocellaris clowns host an anemone or even a coral and also if a pair of clowns are hosting an anemone and the anemone dies how will that effect them

Clowns can and will host anything..Mine host a rock...and protect it !

If a nem dies in your tank it can possibly cause a mass kill off of everything in your tank...personally i think nems are way overrated and not worth all the trouble of keeping one..Chances are your clowns won't host it and they may move all over your tank and settle in where you don't even see it.

To add that clowns can host anything mine that I got a week ago started hosting a hammer coral in there first hour in the tank.

clown hosting in coral happens. mine hosted in a frog spawn. the **** near beat it to death. i put a anemone in and they moved into it. Then anemone died after eating my sea hare. I caught it in time. After almost a total of 50 percent water change and cleaning sand really good. I got tank back right and a few weeks later i put another anemone in minus the see hare. and they moved into new anemone a few days later. You have to watch anemones if they start to go south pull them out. the can destroy a system.

My clowns didnt host my nem when I had it, but they did host an elegance coral to near death. Hosting in my opinion is over rated. lol Theres a 50-50 chance it will happen to begin with at best....like mentioned above, nems are alot of times more trouble than they are worth imo

Back
Top Bottom