Clown fish hosting in Toad stool???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was a post on this a little while ago, I bet a search would bring up something.

But yes, to the best of my knowledge (haven't owned either, just read/been told), they will do this, even ignoring a perfectly good anenome for one.

This is actually pretty common. My cowns host in my rose BTA, my hairy mushrooms, my hammer coral and my torch coral.

I have heard of clowns doing this. My Hippo used to host in my Toadstool this Tang never wanted to leave it the tang would sleep, dash out and eat than go right back and lay in it.....

Kaye

It's happens a lot that clown fishs take corals as host. Sometimes even powerheads and heaters become host.

I have a pair of tank raised False Percs. They hosted a toadstool within days of being put in my main display tank. They have since moved on to better digs in a tree coral.

Thanks! I really hope I'm as lucky, I really don't feel safe with the anenome... to many horror stories... guess I'm not that brave yet.
Did they seem to take to the coral right away?

Great pics too! I saw your Kole Tang, that was my 1st fish as well and I Loved that fish! Depending on the size tank we end up with I would get another. Do you still have yours?

Thanks again,
Kimberly

Back
Top Bottom