Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hc8719 Send a message via MSN to hc8719
well im pretty sure that they're ocellaris, thanks. i got another problem now. the smaller one i noticed always looked funny, but i never got a good luck at him until a few days after getting him. Because of the lighting angle in my tank, as well only seeing him early in the morning before work, i didn't realize that his was missing an eye, as well as his dorsal and anal fin have the black chewed off.

i know it wasn't my larger, soon to be female clown, he always looked a bit different, i just never got a good look and studied him, and with all the clowns swimming around at the lfs, i couldn't exactly pick one out.

what bothers me the most is that, i'm told, because of him missing an eye, chances are the other clown wont want to pair off with him. it's too late to take him back, and i'd almost feel guilty taking back a handicapped clown. any of you guys agree the female won't (most likely)want to pair off?

Old 12-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #12

You purchased ot like that? Are you sure it was nothing in your tank?

As far as pairing off you need to give it time. Sometimes people have 2 that do not go near each other and a year later they are a regular spawning pair.
Old 12-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

mike im sure it is nothing with my tank, the other clown would be funny looking too. he was always beat up.

as far as pairing off, what im saying is, the female wont want anything to do with the male without an eye
Old 12-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #14

Who told you that?
Old 12-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

someone from a local reef club told me that the female "may" not mate with a handicapped clown

why does mike appear as a guest now, did he leave?

Tags
clown, clown fish, updated

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com