Clown Fish Went Sky Diving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this morning I woke up and I found it on the floor dried up and dead. My first casualty, I don't know what made it do it but I think it might have been fighting with the smaller clown and thought he would go for a dive before continuing the beat down she was giving him every day. Any how my kids where pretty upset about the whole thing this morning so I kind of felt bad.... But you win some you lose some... I guess I'll be in the Market for a new pair and take the one I have back to the LFS for credit....

I don't think it was the calcium levels... They just been fighting because the larger one is Establish her domenecs over the smaller one.... I've always had high calcium levels since I've have them for over 8 months and never have they tried to jump out before... But it was the larger female to jump out...

Your really don't have to take the one that is alive back to the lfs, If you have a large one then get one that's alot smaller. The large one is the female and a smaller one will remain a male. Try to make a screen cover for your tank. Lots of ideas on the net as to that.

Yeah. I was going to buy the Egg Crate the other day but I passed on it to save money now I have one dead fish and one lonely one.... He is a small fellow I will eventually take him back I was not really a huge fan of the O. Clown. I will get either a pair of B&W Clowns or 2 Onyx Clown pairs....

Yeah I am not a good DIY person.... and plus I don't have the workshop to even build it.... I am on a 2nd floor apartment which right now I might be moving to Indianapolis in the next few months....

Hey Frankay,

sorry about your loss. You're moving soon???

Thanks.... :) Hopefully before the next school year starts yes we are... Chicago is getting ridiculously expensive to live.... and in Illinois they are going to raise the federal income taxes by either I think it was 12 to 25% more so basically the $10 stimulus we got put on our checks will be gone when that bill passes.....

Same thing happened to my tiger watchman goby. Lost him for about a week and I thought he got run over by the BTA when he was in his little homemade cave. Wife found him perched on the floor on his pecs like he was out for a stroll except he was dry as a piece of whitebait. Doesn't say much for our housekeeping because he was actually in a place where he'd be easy to see. I spent the majority of the time looking behind the tank and in the overflows and never saw him right in front of the tank (sort of) until much later. I can't believe the cat didn't eat him.

Same thing happened to my tiger watchman goby. Lost him for about a week and I thought he got run over by the BTA when he was in his little homemade cave. Wife found him perched on the floor on his pecs like he was out for a stroll except he was dry as a piece of whitebait. Doesn't say much for our housekeeping because he was actually in a place where he'd be easy to see. I spent the majority of the time looking behind the tank and in the overflows and never saw him right in front of the tank (sort of) until much later. I can't believe the cat didn't eat him.

LOL:eggface:

Hmm... I wonder if I should put my lid back on, cause I just removed it to make it nice more flow and the lights could penetrate better. Before my scissortail like to jump and hit the lid like 2 times before, so do you guys think I should put back the lid just for safety???

Hmm... I wonder if I should put my lid back on, cause I just removed it to make it nice more flow and the lights could penetrate better. Before my scissortail like to jump and hit the lid like 2 times before, so do you guys think I should put back the lid just for safety???

I would put it on for now... Unless you have and egg crate...

One thing I found out about egg-crate is that it has a top and a bottom side. One bevels the light outward and the other shoots it straight down into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom