Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
clown fish with leather coral

ok guys here is my leather coral i guess its a toad stool you can see more in my album on my main page ok here is wat happend i moved somethin just now in my tank and he closed up cause i brushed against him i left the room came back he is still closed but a juvinel clownfish false percula still red in color he so young no more than a inch long is swimming around on top of him wallowing on it rubbing all over it swimming away and coming back is he hosting with it i have had clowns host with anenomes but not this coral if he is hosting with it will my leather coral stay closed up because of him this coral is the highest thing in my tank. my main question is if the clown is hosting it will the coral stay closed when he is in it?

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Usually at the beginning the coral might be irratated but they get used to it and eventually look pretty good with the clown IME.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

My toadstool leather sheds skin every month or so and closes up for about a week during that process. Maybe it's not the clown at all?
Old 05-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well i just hope they contine to host with it i had to leave home today but i had people check on the progress of it they said the two times they looked the clowns were away from it when i got home it was open and the clowns were swimming around the top of the aquarium near the surface of the water like they always have at night
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:59 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well guys the light is off on the tank so i cant tell wat they will be doingi think i will head to bed i have church in the morning i am going with my mom for mothers day since i never go to church with her so i will look at the clowns before i leave and when i get back and give status updates as i can cya
Old 05-10-2009, 02:32 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

There's a video that may be of some use for you on leather coral fish at SaltwaterHub - Different Ways of Testing Your Water I've been finding the site useful.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxpilot View Post
My toadstool leather sheds skin every month or so and closes up for about a week during that process. Maybe it's not the clown at all?
All leathers slough which is what you described above. That very well could be the reason or it could be the clown. Thanks Lynxpilot for bringing that to our attention.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, clown fish, coral, eat, leather

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com