clown fish with leather coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok guys here is my leather coral
18258-albums221-picture3105.jpg
i guess its a toad stool you can see more in my album on my main page ok here is wat happend i moved somethin just now in my tank and he closed up cause i brushed against him i left the room came back he is still closed but a juvinel clownfish false percula still red in color he so young no more than a inch long is swimming around on top of him wallowing on it rubbing all over it swimming away and coming back is he hosting with it i have had clowns host with anenomes but not this coral if he is hosting with it will my leather coral stay closed up because of him this coral is the highest thing in my tank. my main question is if the clown is hosting it will the coral stay closed when he is in it?

Usually at the beginning the coral might be irratated but they get used to it and eventually look pretty good with the clown IME.

My toadstool leather sheds skin every month or so and closes up for about a week during that process. Maybe it's not the clown at all?

well i just hope they contine to host with it i had to leave home today but i had people check on the progress of it they said the two times they looked the clowns were away from it when i got home it was open and the clowns were swimming around the top of the aquarium near the surface of the water like they always have at night

well guys the light is off on the tank so i cant tell wat they will be doingi think i will head to bed i have church in the morning i am going with my mom for mothers day since i never go to church with her so i will look at the clowns before i leave and when i get back and give status updates as i can cya

My toadstool leather sheds skin every month or so and closes up for about a week during that process. Maybe it's not the clown at all?

All leathers slough which is what you described above. That very well could be the reason or it could be the clown. Thanks Lynxpilot for bringing that to our attention.

Back
Top Bottom