clown food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just made some clown food. its my first time making it and i wanted to run it by u guys befor i fed it to them. here is what i added,
3lrg fresh shrimp
3lrg fresh scalops
2lrg live clams. (pain in the butt to take out of shell)
some fresh lettus, 1 clove garlic, and some kent marine zoecon. i didnt know how to mesure it so i just added about 10 drops to it. i hope i didnt put to much.
would this be safe. it really stinks lol.

any suggestions for next time woudl be cool.
thanks

Is this for the fry?

I just feed mine little chunks of shrimp for treats and flake (Formula) the rest of the time.. Sounds like a smorgasboard though.. Clowns ought to love it.

no its not for the fry. i dont have any fry yet. i hope i do soon. i was talking to my lfs and he said he would buy them off me or trade me for salt. (woohoo) so it seems like a good idea to feed this?

i just fed it and it dont seem they like it. it realy smells like garlic. could i have put too much in? and if so would that hurt them? same for the zoecon

I would have used nori instead of the lettuce (no nutrional value), but your blender mush should be fine. It might take them a bit to get used to it. My tank loves it when I make it. It's not too small or too large is it?

well i had a hard time getting it to blend so i thinkn i might have had it in to long. its my first time making it so i am still working out the knots. i found that it like to stick to the side of the blend and not do what its suppose to. i have very fine peices in there as well as some larger ones my large clown cant even eat.

Personally, I would soak the frozen in the garlic and other vitamins (while you thaw it out). You can add too much garlic, it can be overpowering if there is too much.

Back
Top Bottom