clown growth period

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey anyone know what the clown growth period is around how many months after i bought them as jouvinels from petco should they be mature? i have had them for about 2 months now

Good question. I suppose it depends on how you define "mature."

Clowns are born able to switch sexes and be either male or female, depending on the environment they're raised in. I *think* (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that after a year or so, if they haven't turned into a female, then they're male and will stay that way - regardless of what else you have in the tank with them. If my memory serves me right, I think that window of time is within 1-2 years, but closer to a year.

If you mean "mature" as in "reaching full size", then I really don't know. I've had mine for nearly 2 years now and he's nowhere near full size. He's probably 2-2.5 inches long right now.

well a better way to put my question is how long does it take for them to be able to spawn and if i catch them sleeping side by side at night one fish head at the others tail and fins kinda locked together do i have a pair?

hey anyone know what the clown growth period is around how many months after i bought them as jouvinels from petco should they be mature? i have had them for about 2 months now

How much were your clowns if you don't mind me asking? And what kind do you have?

Back
Top Bottom