Clown hosting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishstuff45

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I have a clown fish in a ten gallon with a yellow tail blue demsal. My demsal has taken over most of the tank and left my clown with the very top and the far left side which has a frogspawn coral and a power head. I'd like to get my clown to host the frogspawn but he seems to like the power head better and just swims around it. Is there a way to make him or increase the chances of him hosting the frogspawn? Thanks.

That damsel is not going to let the clown do anything they are very aggressive fish

Clowns don't always host anemones let alone corrals so may be difficult also that tank may be a little small for either of those fish let alone both

Ya I've been told its a little small for them and I've been trying to rehome the demsal

If you are wanting the clown to host though you will probably need an anemone have heard of a few few hosting corals but think its more if the clown like the look of it. Must admit my be difficult for anemone in tank your size though. Clowns are great ISP though when they don't host anyway

You would need an anemone for a clown to host but they don't always like nem's if they haven't always used them. When my anemone died, my clowns started sleeping along the glass.

image-3478373959.jpg

I bought another nem but he never would host it. They will host a colt coral or other branchy time corals. You shouldn't add an anemone to a 10 gallon.

I don't think a clown fish "needs" a nem, there are a variety of corals clowns will take a liking too. Here's my coral with my torch.

image-781364851.jpg

image-326848741.jpg

Doesn't that irritate the bajesus out of the coral?

To my knowledge its up to the coral of they allow the clowns to stay. Of they don't they will just sting them and or close up not allowing them to enter.

My torches don't seem to mind.

Back
Top Bottom